For passenger-carrying fleet operators and drivers, daily vehicle inspections are necessary. What if you had a walkaround check template to help manage the process?
Walkaround checks and other vehicle maintenance tasks don’t have to be a restriction on drivers and an administrative burden on back office staff.
Bus & coach safety is a very real concern, with very real consequences.
You could be fined up to £5,000 for non-compliance. If you’re stopped at the roadside, you could be taken to court for any serious offences found. Deaths have even been caused by failure to properly check and maintain vehicles.
We’ve made a free daily walkaround check example template that you can use to start the vehicle check and defect management process for your PSVs.
Download your example bus & coach walkaround check template
Paperless Walkaround Checks & Defect Reporting
Rather than using pen and paper, why not explore Stream Check, a mobile App & software system that keeps your passenger vehicles compliant, operational & roadworthy?
Unlike a daily paper-based walkaround check, Stream Check:
- Comes with an Android or iOS app for drivers – eliminating the need for training, and cutting the risk of paper check sheets getting lost or damaged
- Keeps vehicles compliant with safety and maintenance standards, but also goes beyond that to holistically manage drivers, vehicles and other assets
- Automates the whole defect management process:
- Record daily checks with secure-cloud-based storage
- Report issues in real-time so they can quickly and easily be solved
- Resolve every defect, as Stream tracks each one through to resolution
- Joins the dots between daily checks and regular inspections by creating, assigning and automatically populating booking schedules based on vehicle type
- Is scalable – and costs from just £4 per vehicle per month