What you can expect from Part 2 of our August 2023 release in Stream
Part 2 of Stream’s August release comes packaged with some exciting new features as well as a number of improvements to the platform.
Live Release Date: Wednesday 30th August 2023
Check out everything that was released in Part 1 of the August 2023 Release here.
Compare Your Planned Routes with ‘Route Comparison’
We’ve added a new feature to the ‘Advanced Planning’ screen which allows you to compare up to 10 of your planned routes at once.
Comparing your routes can help you to identify any inefficiencies in the routes you’ve planned and even to see unplanned stops that might be nearby to one of the routes you’ve already planned.
Find out more about, and how to use, the Route Comparison feature over in our Stream Knowledgebase using the link below.
Charts Screen: Vehicle Data
The new ‘Charts’ screen in Stream provides a visual snapshot of data relating to your vehicle statuses, checks, defects, and vehicle bookings.
The Charts screen only shows vehicle-related information for now, but you can expect to see snapshots of your runs, stops and orders coming to the Charts screen in the future.
Find out how to access and use the Charts screen over in our Stream Knowledgebase using the link below.
The ‘Charts’ screen in Stream provides a snapshot of data that’s available from our comprehensive Analytics database. If you’d like to see more of the data that’s available and create custom dashboards, you can check out our Analytics add-on here.
Vehicle Upload: Import Your Vehicle Details in Bulk
We’ve added a new ‘Vehicle Upload’ feature in Stream to help you easily upload your vehicle details in bulk.
‘Vehicle Types’ need to be set up in advance of attempting a vehicle upload so that your vehicles can be categorised correctly when they are imported.
You can find out all about the new Vehicle Upload functionality, and how to use it, in the Stream Knowledgebase using the link below.
New Placeholders Available for Notifications
We’ve added the ability to show additional placeholders within Email and SMS notifications. Examples of some of these new placeholders are listed below:
- Service Level
- Order type (Delivery/Pickup)
- Item line details (Code/SKU, description, quantity, weight and volume)
- Run details (Descriptions, planned Start/End times, Driver name, Vehicle info etc.)
Set ‘Prevent Sending SMS Messages Before…’ Time
We’ve added a new field in Settings to allow you to prevent SMS notifications from being sent to customers before a specified time in the day.
what3words Add-On for Stream
We’ve created a new add-on for Stream enabling the use of what3words addresses, so that you can provide your drivers with a precise 3x3m location to help them make faster, and more accurate, deliveries & collections.
Interested in using what3words addresses to help you make faster, more accurate deliveries?
Include the Day of the Week When Displaying Certain Dates
We’ve updated a number of date fields in Stream to show you the day of the week alongside the actual date.
This has been added to the ‘Required Date/Time’ and ‘Planned Slot’ fields on the Order Details screen.
Location Attachments Indicator
Weve added an icon in the Location popup to signify that at least one attachment already exists on a location. This will be shown by the paper clip icon next to the ‘Attachments’ button
Show Item Notes in the Mobile App
We’ve added individual item notes into the mobile app to be visible on both the ‘Items’ screen for a stop, as well as the ‘Scan Items’ pop-up when using the scanning functionality in the mobile app (highlighted in blue text as shown in the screenshots below).
Show Password on Login Screen
We’ve added the ability to show/hide the characters that have typed into the password field in the mobile to help users they have entered their password correctly before submitting.
Remove the ‘Part Delivered’ Option
We’ve added an option to remove the ‘Part Delivered’ option, which appears when processing items in the mobile app.
- Add ‘Route Info’ to the Scanning Exceptions report
- Improve internal logging/reporting
- Reconfigure the workfile database tables
- Add order number to “Retrieve Allocations for a Depot and Planning Date” GET endpoint in the Solutions API
- Return Load IDs in the response from the “Create a planning solution” POST endpoint in the Solutions Public API
- Add an option to update the email address for an existing contact in Order Upload
- No additional security updates
- Resolve overlapping event text in Order Details in the Car Transport variant of Stream
- Resolve an occasional issue on notifications when ‘Event Descriptions’ end in certain characters
- Resolve an issue with the ‘First Item’ column in the Selected Run section after selecting a trunk run
- Remove unnecessary ‘item notes updated’ event when creating a new order via Order Upload
- Resolve an occasional issue with the button used to access Order Search from Order Upload
- Add quantity to ‘Item Added’ event description in Order Upload
- Resolve an issue with creating planned stops with long durations in the Solutions API
- Resolve an issue when removing a previously selected ‘Advanced Planning’ tooltip option in Settings
- Accept case insensitive tags in Veeqo order creation process
- Improve error handling when requesting PDF reports that are too large
- Resolve issue with vehicle notes being duplicated in Vehicle Details
- Replace deprecated processes relating to vehicle and driver details retrieval in Solutions API
- Allow more exports to be created from the ‘Runs’ section when a run hasn’t been selected
- No longer recalculate latitude and longitude by default, unless requested in Order PATCH and Order Group PATCH services
- Improve handling of timeouts when large files are uploaded
- Resolve an issue with sequencing when saving multiple product barcodes
Feature of the Month:
Visibility of Your Upcoming Vehicle Bookings
Keep tabs on any upcoming service, inspection or MOT bookings on your vehicles in the list and calendar views available on the vehicle details screen, to help ensure you never miss those crucial bookings.
Need help using Stream?
Visit the Stream Knowledge base, search for answers to your questions, and view our how-to guides for additional help and support using Stream.