For businesses delivering furniture or appliances into people’s homes, doing a walkthrough of the property is essential – especially if you offer a white-glove or room-of-choice delivery service.
A property walkthrough lets your drivers or crew identify and mitigate any potential risks, hazards, or access issues. It gives you a record of drivers having assessed any initial risk, should they be injured.
It also ensures that both your driver and your customer agree on the initial state of the property. It acts as a proof-of-condition document, recording any existing damage to the property.
Should any issues arise, they can be quickly resolved. For example, if a doorframe has a scrape in the paint, the driver can record this in the property walkthrough form. Should the customer later complain about the scrape, you have proof that it was pre-existing in the property, and the dispute can be quickly resolved.
We’ve made a free property walkthrough form example sheet that you can print and use to manage the process of property walkthroughs at the point of delivery.
Download your example property walkthrough form template
Paperless property walkthrough forms
Rather than using pen and paper, why not explore Stream Forms, our digital mobile forms solution?
Collect extra information about your deliveries and collections in unique forms for your drivers to complete when fulfilling an order.
Unlike paper-based property walkthrough forms, with Stream Forms you can:
- Create any unique form you want, from property walkthrough forms to installation checklists or risk assessments
- Fully customise forms to suit your workflows with Yes/No questions, dropdown lists, or open text fields
- Add questions to the ePOD process against whole orders or individual items
- Automate the form-filling process as part of electronic proof of delivery or collection, so drivers never forget a form again
- Use Forms as part of the Stream Mobile App for drivers, on Android or iOS – eliminating the need for training, and cutting the risk of paper check sheets getting lost or damaged
- Record form responses with secure-cloud-based storage and share completed forms in proof of delivery PDF.