Properly managing vehicles & other assets is essential for any business with a growing fleet of vehicles or plant machinery.
How can you even begin to think about defect reporting, booking regular services & MOTs, driver and operator management, and other essentials of fleet maintenance, if you don’t have a proper record of each vehicle and piece of equipment you’re trying to manage?
A stack of registration documents in a filing cabinet, or being personally able to reel off a list of all the vehicles in the business doesn’t cut it.
You need to be able to centrally record vehicle details in an asset register. At a minimum, you should, for example, be able to produce for each vehicle (or asset):
- Vehicle / asset registration / identifier
- Vehicle / asset type
- Vehicle / asset name
- Vehicle / asset make
- Vehicle / asset model
- Vehicle / asset category
- VIN (vehicle identification number)
- Gross vehicle / asset weight
- Usual depot
- Any specific driver / operator licence requirements
- EU emissions standard
Download your example equipment & vehicle asset register template
Paperless Equipment & Vehicle Asset Registration
Rather than using pen and paper, why not explore Stream Check, a mobile App & software system that keeps your vehicles and plant machinery compliant, operational & roadworthy?
Save time and minimise paperwork & administrative burden by keeping vehicle & asset information in one place.
Unlike keeping a manual register of your vehicle & equipment assets, Stream Check’s vehicle management functionality allows you to:
- Configure licence requirements & capabilities (payload, cube capacities, gross vehicle weight, etc.) for each asset type, to make assigning drivers & jobs easier
- Link vehicles & equipment from the asset register to the maintenance system, for a holistic view of each vehicle’s daily walkaround checks, service bookings & maintenance history
- Get both an up-to-date snapshot of maintenance information for individual vehicles or the fleet as a whole, and view & export historical data for auditing & reporting purposes
- and costs from just £4 per vehicle per month