Electronically Capture Work Equipment & Plant Machinery Inspections
Easily manage multiple checks and inspections for work equipment and plant machinery with Stream Check.
Eliminate cumbersome and time-consuming paper-based check systems, improve safety and compliance records of work equipment & plant machinery, and reduce health & safety risks and issues.
What are work equipment & plant machinery inspection checks?
Just like walkaround checks for any commercial vehicle, work equipment and plant machinery inspections checks are a set of checks carried out on a regular basis (usually daily, but they can also be weekly, monthly, or quarterly).
Using Stream Check helps organisations with compliance and reporting against safety regulations, including PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
Why do operatives need to conduct work equipment & plant machinery inspections?
PUWER specifically outlines the responsibilities of “people and companies who own, operate or have control over work equipment”, primarily around safety and maintenance of that equipment. This can include businesses and organisations whose employees use work equipment, whether owned by them or not.
- Suitable for its intended use
- Well maintained, safe for use and regularly inspected
- Only used by people with adequate information, instruction, and training
- Covered by appropriate health and safety measures
- Used in conjunction with other specific safety requirements where they also apply.
In addition to the legal requirements around health and safety responsibilities, conducting regular checks and maintaining work equipment and plant machinery is good business practice.
Well-maintained and safe-to-use machinery will work more efficiently, and be less likely to break down or cause an accident.
Why manage work equipment & plant machinery inspections electronically?
By using an electronic system, like Stream Check, to manage plant machinery and work equipment maintenance, businesses and operators are able to make the maintenance process more efficient, by reducing the time and resources spent recording and storing paper-based inspections.
Notifications can remind operatives to complete their checks and inspections.
By using Stream Check’s mobile App, you also remove the risk of operatives losing or damaging inspection records, as all completed inspections are stored ‘in the Cloud’. Records can be retrieved easily and inspections downloaded in Excel format for auditing and regulatory purposes.
How does the work equipment & plant machinery feature work with Stream Check?
Using Stream Check’s vehicle management module, organisations can set up and manage their own set of custom vehicles, including equipment and plant machinery such as diggers, lawnmowers, forklifts and cranes etc.
You can then configure your own multiple, custom inspection and checklists based on each individual equipment type, for example pre-use checks, detailed weekly checks and CAB checks.
When your operatives log into the mobile App, they are provided with:
- A list of all checks and inspections that need to completed
- The ability to record inspections and checks, including defects
- Capture information on any defects, including to whom the defect was reported
- The ability to record the equipment safe-to-use, or as requiring maintenance
- Sending a notification to supervisory or maintenance staff to resolve any defects, and sign the equipment off as safe for use.
Through the management module, you’ll be able to:
- See a history of all completed equipment and plant machinery checks and inspections
- View information about any defects that have been reported and the history of those defects
- Manage each defect efficiently and effectively through to resolution
- Set up, specify and manage key inspections, maintenance and servicing dates, as well as view each assets service history
- Export information to Excel for further analysis, auditing and reporting.