Making road safety for all users an everyday goal
Ensuring the safety and compliance of on-road fleets or off-road assets can be a challenging business.
Through vehicle walkaround checks, fleet compliance, defect reporting, fleet maintenance and driver behaviour and safety monitoring, road safety is ingrained in everything that we do.
But the positive affects can go far beyond just road safety. Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR and Stream Check fleet maintenance software can help your business:
- Minimise the risk of road traffic accidents, injuries and vehicle damage
- Validate the performance and behaviour of good drivers – and identify those drivers who may require remedial action and / or additional training
- Reduce the likelihood of fines
- Improve operational efficiency
- Ensure positive word-of-mouth about your business.
Monitoring & changing driver behaviour
Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR provides you with access to high definition driver behaviour analysis data including speeding; harsh breaking; aggressive acceleration; and sharp cornering. This information can be combined with real-time review of dashboard camera footage so that you can fully understand the cause of incidents on the road.
This approach enables you to:
- Identify high risk driver behaviour
- Monitor and educate drivers with comprehensive reports and dashboard camera footage of all incidents
- Use high definition incident data to see second by second incident analytics.
Helping your business receive fewer traffic violations and fines
Through DIRECTOR you’ll quickly and easily be able to monitor and record your driver’s unsafe driving incidents including:
- Harsh acceleration, braking and cornering
- Stop sign violations.
Performance data recorded in DIRECTOR is compiled and ranked in Driver Scorecards, which help you identify those with unsafe driving incidents and trends. Once identified, this group of drivers can receive one-to-one coaching to change and improve driving behaviour so you see a decrease in violations and fines.
Data-driven driver safety training programmes
Driver Scorecards, automatic driver league tables and DIRECTOR’s Event Viewer provides you with objective performance data so that you can develop driver training, which is both personalised and relevant to individual drivers. This data can also be extended to help you develop driver safety incentive programs should you wish.
- Automatically generate driver scorecards for more effective driver safety debriefs
- Bring classroom training to life with real world examples of dashboard camera footage
- Give drivers in vehicle feedback with heads-up / audible buzzer training aids.
Driver behaviour delivering profitability & fleet efficiency
Better and safer driver behaviour helps you to improve almost every element of your fleet operations:
- Improved vehicle handling results in less wear and tear, reducing maintenance costs and vehicle depreciation
- Lower fuel spend by eliminating aggressive driving
- Minimise the risk of an accident, fatality or damage to drivers, vehicles and / or other road users
- Safe drivers stay on the road, increasing the amount of jobs they can complete
- Fewer road violations and accidents result in lower insurance premiums.
Driving a better reputation
Better, safer drivers help generate more positive PR and helps build word-of-mouth referrals and stronger business relationships.
Fewer accidents and more efficient, safer deliveries and collections enable your business to focus on what’s important – delivering value and better customer service.