What you can expect from our October 2023 Release in Stream
New features, improvements and fixes. Here’s everything you can expect this month when Stream’s October 2023 release lands.
Live Release Date: Tuesday 31st October (6:00pm BST)
All items listed below are subject to release approval. The content of this page may change in the days prior to the official release dates.
The New Runs List Layout
Get ready for the new-look Runs List on the Advanced Planning screen when this month’s Stream release lands!
There’s a number of beneficial changes for your planning teams that arrive with this new facelift and you can find out all about them on the link below!
Use Partner Name instead of Partner ID during Order Upload
During the Order Upload process, you can now use either a Partner Name OR a Partner ID to map your orders to the relevant Business Partner when uploading your order details. Previously it was specifically Partner ID that was required to map your orders to the correct Business Partners.
Order Date is Now Mandatory During Order Upload
The ‘Order Date’ field is now a mandatory field when uploading your orders into Stream. If any orders are uploaded which have an empty ‘Order Date’ field, or include an invalid date, then it will be defaulted to ‘Today’s Date’ when the orders are imported.
Make certain products not require scanning on collection
We’ve added the ability to set specific products to not require scanning when being collected, even when they are required to be scanned on delivery. This is useful in situations where you may be collecting a product that has been left with a customer and the barcode may not be available to be scanned e.g. a home appliance.
You can choose the scanning requirements for individual products on their respective ‘Product Details’ screen using the ‘Scan Not Required’ field.
Additional Security Updates:
- Logout process improvements for the Stream mobile app
- Improve performance in the events retrieval process for the Stream mobile app
- Add an option to include the imported ‘Order Notes’ field on the Tracking screen
- Improve internal logging in the Public API
- Optimise API file access
- Solutions API Update
- Improve performance in the Public API process that checks if an order already exists
- Improve handling of webhook processing
- Improvements to the UI on the ‘Notifications’ screen
- Change ‘Ackn. Nbr’ column heading to ‘Order Number’ in the Item Detail report
- Improve performance in the Public API process that checks if a matching address already exists
- Add an additional field to the Pricing GET service in the Public API
- Improve storage of system messages
- Resolve an issue with routing US-based runs in the POST service in the Solutions API
- Resolve an issue with the validation of the ‘Stock Location’ field for a planned item in the Item PATCH service
- Resolve issue with the data format used when certain elements are empty in the Order GET response
Feature of the Month:
Adding a Driver Booking
You can add bookings against drivers to block out time where they will be unavailable for being assigned to runs in planning, which is handy for times when they may be on holiday or training courses.
Need help using Stream?
Visit the Stream Knowledge base, search for answers to your questions, and view our how-to guides for additional help and support using Stream.