Plan The Most Efficient Routes For Your Drivers With Intelligent Map-Based Route Optimisation
Manually planning and optimising your delivery and collection routes can be a real headache – and can be very inefficient.
Surely there has to be a better way?
Stream Go uses map-based planning to intelligently optimise delivery routes, improve efficiency, reduce mileage and streamline your logistics operation.
At the touch of a button, Stream Go enables you to plan delivery and collection routes which take into account all locations, total route times and vehicle capabilities (such as capacity, weight, cube etc.), to quickly make the most of your resources.
You are able to sort unplanned orders, to add orders with the highest service level or the bulkiest items into the delivery route first. The planning screen only shows the driver and vehicle assigned to the current run, hiding the full list until they need to be assigned. Additionally, an icon shows when multiple orders are to be delivered to the same location.
We can even take electric vans and delivery vehicles into account.
Stream Go is not a ‘batch’ engine solution that produces a ‘one-off’ best plan, which you have to either accept it, or leave it.
By applying intelligence and using sophisticated route optimisation algorithms, Stream Go produces the most economical delivery (and collection) routes for your vehicles.
Stream Go then enables you to use the experience and knowledge of your transport or logistics planner by providing the maximum amount of information in the most intuitive graphical manner.
The route optimisation process is iterative, allowing additions and fine-tuning right up until the time the vehicle leaves (and later in terms of collections).
- Optimises delivery and collection routes taking locations, traffic, total route times and vehicle capabilities into account
- Faster and more efficient resource allocation
- Plan multi-drop, multi-depot and multi-vehicle routes ensuring the best possible utilisation across your fleet
- Estimate run times, taking the speed variance of specific vehicles or vehicle types into account
- Optimised routes are made available to drivers through the mobile driver App
- After an order has been planned, you still able to amend things like the unload time or assembly time, item and quantity, and the on-hand date for orders
- Easily monitor the progress of delivery routes in real-time, including live traffic on Google Maps
- Your customers and partners can also track and view the progress of their own deliveries using the customer gateway, meaning that they always know where their order is.
Resource Schedule for more efficient utilisation
Stream’s resource schedule gives you a visual, calendar-based overview of driver and vehicle availability so that you can drive more efficient resource utilisation.
You see the last drop time, location, and planned working hours at a glance from one centralised place in advanced planning. With visual information in real-time, its easy to make fast, dynamic decisions about driver and vehicle utilisation across your entire logistics operation.
Milk Runs / Fixed Routes
Milk runs, or fixed route planning, allows you to run a defined route on a recurring basis. Milk runs route vehicles to consolidate goods collections & deliveries. They enable you to offer frequent collections and/or deliveries with your suppliers or customers, so you don’t have to wait for a full load.
By consolidating routes into milk runs, you are able to reduce transport costs by:
- Improving vehicle loading & utilisation rates
- Shortening total distances travelled
- Reducing the risk of product quality issues
- Greater accuracy of goods delivered.
Review and re-optimise your milk runs on a regular basis using Stream to ensure operational efficiency as you add or remove customers from your established milk runs.
Stream provides additional flexibility, by enabling you to add individual deliveries and / or collections to your milk runs that are near or on those established fixed routes further improving resource utilisation.
Multi-select planning and order processing
Stream Go makes it quick and easy to manage orders and delivery / collection runs with multi-select processing.
Benefits are two-fold. You get greater planning flexibility, while at the same time, you can perform task more efficiently and effectively. Scenarios where multi-select planning can be used are numerous, but here’s just a couple to illustrate.
If you need to quickly plan a group of orders, you can simply select those unplanned orders, select ‘Load’ to add them to a run and then optimise that particular route. If you need to print or email proof of delivery PDFs from a number of orders, you can select those orders and then select the ‘Action’ button to quickly print or email.
Multi-select also makes is easy to plan overnight stops in multi-day runs and optimise drops and / or collections for each day independently.
Area drawing tool
Stream’s area drawing tool enables you to quickly and easily select orders straight from the map in advanced planning. You can use the tool to draw multiple areas, or simply select orders in a single area.