What you can expect from our August 2023 release in Stream
There’s a lot happening in Stream this month, so August’s release will be arriving in two main parts and will include a brief period of downtime on Saturday 26th August, which will allow us to make some important updates to the system.
Check out everything that was released in Part 2 of the August 2023 Release here.
The mobile app will continue to work as normal during the downtime window, and any updates made will be updated in Stream once the downtime window is over.
Part 1: Wednesday 9th August 2023
Downtime: Saturday 26th August 2023 6:00pm (for 45-60mins)
Part 2: Wednesday 30th August 2023
Here’s everything you can expect this month, when Stream’s August release lands:
All items listed below are subject to release approval. The content of this page may change in the days prior to the official release dates.
Custom Item Reason Codes
We’ve added an option to set up custom item-level reason codes, which can be customised on the ‘Mobile App’ tab on the Settings screen. These allow drivers to select predefined reasons / notes for each delivery status e.g. when an item has failed delivery the driver can select a specific reason code like ‘Incorrect item’’. This information is then visible on the Order in the event history.
Within Settings, simply click the toggle on the item-level delivery code you would like to customise, and then click the drop down arrow to enter your own custom text to override the delivery code.
Additional PDF Print Options added in Settings
We’ve added additional PDF document print options on the ‘Documents & Reporting’ tab on the Settings screen, including:
- Job List > Display Business Partner
- Labels > Show item label count
- Labels > Hide the Print Label button on unconfirmed orders
Additional Mobile App Settings
We’ve added additional mobile app options, that you can turn on from the ‘Settings’ screen in Stream, to make it easier to customise what actions your drivers can take, including :
- Show only assigned run vehicles in the list of vehicles to check
- Make signature optional in mobile app
- Add Item on Pickup orders
- Add Item on Delivery Orders
- Add Service on Pickup orders
- Add Service on Delivery orders
- Product list for adding Services on the app
Additional Currency Options for Charges
We’ve added additional currency options to choose from when adding charges to an order.
Paste Formatted Addresses
On the Location popup in the Order Details screen, you can now paste formatted addresses (such as addresses copied from Google) into the Number/Name/Street field, which will automatically split the address across the relevant address line fields.
Allow ‘Courier’ Delivery Methods in Order Upload
We’ve improved the Order Upload process to allow you to use one of your existing ‘Courier’ delivery methods when uploading orders.
Add Multiple Order Items at once
We’ve made an improvement to allow for multiple order items to be added through the Item POST process.
Close Trunk Runs and Include Stops in Run GET
We’ve added an option to close trunk runs and include stops in the ‘Run GET’ service on the Stream public API
Retrieve Pricing for an Order
We’ve made it possible to retrieve pricing for an order using the ‘Order Pricing GET’ service on the Stream Public API.
Update Additional Fields in Brightpearl
We’ve added an option to update the ‘Delivery Date’ field in Brightpearl when a delivery slot is confirmed in Stream and another option to add the Vehicle Registration and Stop Sequence numbers to the end of the ‘Reference’ field in Brightpearl when the associated run is set to ‘Closed’ in Stream.
We’ve added an ‘Archived’ checkbox option to allow you to archive a product, which can be seen at the bottom of the ‘Product Details’ section of a selected product on the ‘Products’ screen. This allows you to deactivate the product from use in Stream without erasing the historical data associated with it, such as the orders that it was included on.
- Added an option to override the ‘Run Start Total Weight/Volume’ to 0 when planning a run
- Added a warning when requesting a report in Order Search with a date range beyond the default ‘Order From’ date
- Added a new option to adjust the limit on the number of labels that can be produced per item line
- Made a change on the Advanced Planning screen so it will not show the ‘Consolidate’ option when viewing orders based at another depot
- Added additional warnings and explanations to the ‘Depots’ screen
- Improvements to internal system logging
- Improve internal logging/reporting for notifications
- Improve handling of timeouts when large files are uploaded
- Apply validation in the ‘Product Create’ process
- Improve user feedback by redirecting to the ‘Welcome’ screen
- Apply validation on user name in Users & Drivers
- Prevent a user from marking their own user profile as left or suspended
- Improve the error message which is displayed when route can’t be calculated on the Advanced Planning screen
- Improve handling of driver’s licence expiry dates
- Improve the warning displayed when moving between tabs on the Settings screen
- Improve handling of assembly time when exporting and uploading products
- No additional security updates
- Resolve an issue with a button label in the ‘Selected Run’ section of the Advanced Planning screen
- Correct case-sensitive column heading handling in ‘Order Upload’
- Resolve an issue with the ‘Weight’ and ‘Volume’ fields when updating Order Items via the Public API 428
- Resolve occasional issue with handling failed delivery items on ‘multi’ orders on the driver debrief
- Improve minor spacing and sizing inconsistencies in Depots
- Resolve a minor layout issue of the ‘Export’ and ‘Upload’ buttons on the Products screen
- Resolve an occasional issue with scrolling in the Check History section
- Resolve an occasional issue when saving ‘non-defect’ checks in Vehicle Types
- Resolve a minor layout issue in the Bookings popup in Vehicle Details
- Resolve an occasional refresh issue when updating on-site time in Advanced Planning
- Resolve an issue with setting the ‘Route Info’ field to blank in Order Details
- Resolve a text overflow issue with the Depots list when a large number of depots exists
- Resolve an occasional issue with the button text when confirming or cancelling multiple orders at once in Order Search
- Resolve an issue with Authorise button after uploading orders in the Car Transport variant of Stream
- Resolve an issue when assigning a vehicle to a run where the registration matches the assigned driver’s profile
- Resolve an occasional issue with row highlight when scrolling in Overview section in Vehicle Details
- Improve a minor layout issue in Vehicle Types
- Remove duplicate option in vehicle type search dropdown in Vehicle Details
- Resolve an issue with the Location popup not opening on Depot Collection runs in Advanced Planning
- Resolve an issue with the automatic planned stop process when adding planned stops with certain durations
Feature of the Month:
Visibility of Your Upcoming Vehicle Bookings
Keep tabs on any upcoming service, inspection or MOT bookings on your vehicles in the list and calendar views available on the vehicle details screen, to help ensure you never miss those crucial bookings.
Need help using Stream?
Visit the Stream Knowledge base, search for answers to your questions, and view our how-to guides for additional help and support using Stream.