Preventative maintenance scheduling with Stream Check’s automatic inspection & booking schedules
Manually planning schedules for inspections, servicing and MOTs can be a headache.
Each vehicle (or asset) in your fleet probably needs annual bookings (such as their MOT), as well as regular inspections and servicing. Services and inspection bookings might be based on:
- Date: for example, a HGV’s six-weekly inspection
- Mileage: a particular vehicle type may need a service every 2,500 miles for instance
- Combined Date & Mileage: a service inspection at 2,500 miles or 6 weeks, whichever comes sooner.
It can be hard to schedule all the bookings required for every vehicle, whilst making sure enough vehicles are kept in use to minimise disruption. When bookings are missed, vehicles aren’t compliant with safety and road worthiness standards and are more likely to break down – resulting in even more disruptive time off the road.
The easiest, and most efficient, way to cut out the paperwork (and headache) involved in service and inspection scheduling is to automate it.
How does Stream Check help automate your inspection & booking schedules?
Stream Check automatically schedules vehicle, plant machinery and equipment inspections and bookings, enabling you to:
- Create schedules for each booking type
- Assign those schedules and booking types to each vehicle / asset type
- Populate schedules automatically, based on date and/or mileage, for each vehicle / asset.
With automated inspection and booking schedules, Stream Check helps you to manage your fleet, and keep your vehicles compliant and roadworthy.
Downtime is reduced, as vehicle servicing, inspections and other bookings are planned and forecast.
Never miss an inspection, as they are not only scheduled into the system, but reminders can be configured to be sent when bookings are nearing.
How date & mileage-based bookings are automatically scheduled
It is easy to see how purely date-based bookings are scheduled (the MOT takes place annually on 5th December, and a reminder is sent out one week before, for example).
Bookings based on mileage are calculated based on the mileage entered when the driver completes their daily walkaround checks, and a reminder can be sent when the vehicle has 500 miles remaining before its next inspection is due.
For bookings based on a combination of date and mileage, schedules are calculated based on whichever comes soonest.
An example, based on an inspection that is required 6 weeks or 2500 miles after the last inspection:
- Marked as complete on 3rd September (1,856 miles)
- The next six inspections are scheduled for 15th October, 26th November, 7th January, 18th February, 1st April and 13th May.
- A reminder is sent via email on 8th October (five weeks after the last inspection was completed)
- Marked as complete on 15th October, as planned, at 1,940 miles
- The next six inspections are scheduled for 26th November, 7th January, 18th February, 1st April, 13th May and 24th June.
- A reminder is sent via email on 19th November (five weeks after the last inspection was completed), at 7,000 miles. On 22nd November the vehicle has travelled 2,000 miles, so a reminder is sent via email but, as the inspection is due in only four days and the vehicle is only scheduled to travel another 30 miles before then, the reminder is dismissed
- Marked as complete on 26th November, as planned, at 2,032 miles
- The next six inspections are scheduled for 7th January, 18th February, 1st April, 13th May, 24th June and 5th August.
- December has been a busy month and more miles were covered than normal: On 23rd December (only four weeks after the last inspection was completed) the vehicle has travelled 2,000 miles, so a reminder is sent via email and the inspection date is moved forward, as the vehicle is scheduled to travel over 500 miles in the two weeks before the inspection is scheduled
- Marked as complete on 31st December, a week before it was scheduled, at 2,385 miles
- The next six inspections are automatically moved forward by a week, and are now scheduled for 11th February, 25th March, 6th May, 17th June, 29th July and 9th September.
View bookings & get proactive notifications
You can easily see bookings for inspections, MOTs and servicing in a calendar or list view, to see completed, scheduled or missed bookings for your whole fleet at a glance.
You can also receive automated advance notifications for vehicle bookings that need to be scheduled, and for booking dates that have passed without the booking being marked as complete.
- A number of weeks or miles before a booking is due (if no booking has been scheduled or planned yet)
- When the scheduled booked date for a booking has passed and the booking has not been marked as complete
- When the due date/mileage for a booking has passed and the booking has not been marked as complete