What you can expect from our May 2023 release in Stream
New features, improvements and fixes. Here’s everything you can expect this month, when Stream’s May release lands:
Stream’s May release will be arriving in two parts.
Part 1: Saturday 20th May (Including 1 hour of downtime 18:00pm-19:00pm BST).
These items have been noted with a date below.
Part 2: Wednesday 24th May
Show Full Planned Stop Description
Updated the tooltip to show the full planned stop description when hovering over the information icon next to the Order Number on an order in the ‘Selected Run’ section of the ‘Advanced Planning’ screen.
Clicking Order in Search Bar Goes to Order Details
Added an option so that when clicking an order in the header ‘Search’ bar, it will direct you to the ‘Order Details’ screen, as opposed to the ‘Tracking’ screen. This setting can be found on the ‘Orders’ tab of the ‘Settings’ screen.
Capture More Vehicle Information (Saturday 20th May Release)
We’ve added new tabs and fields to the ‘Vehicle Details’ popup, as shown in the screenshots below. These fields have also been added to the ‘Vehicles’ export and the ‘Vehicles Table’ in Stream Analytics.
Some of these new fields will only become available for use once the new tabs are added to the ‘Vehicle Details’ popup in the second part of the release on Wednesday 24th May.
Rename Vehicle Types Management Screen
We’ve changed the name of the ‘Vehicle Types Management’ screen to a more simple ‘Vehicle Types’. This change has also been reflected in the main menu in Stream.
New API service for logging ‘Scanning Events’ (Saturday 20th May Release)
Creates scanning events in Stream against items or runs based on the results of scanning that has been performed in another system, for example a Warehouse Management System (WMS). This gives visibility in Stream of what scans have been performed outside of Stream, as well as when and by who.
Add Business Partner Logos
We’ve added an option to upload a logo for each partner on the ‘Business Partner’ screen, which will be displayed on the tracking screen for all orders from the relevant partner.
- Added a ‘Show Password’ toggle to the Login screen
- Add options to make certain fields on the ‘Vehicle Details’ screen mandatory, which can be turned on or off on the ‘Vehicles’ tab of the ‘Settings’ screen
- Add new field to the ‘Products’ file
- Allow negative values in Vehicle Fixed Cost
- Add an option to limit the ability to add/edit vehicles for certain users
- Improve the performance of ‘Link Ref’ processing in the Unplanned section of the Advanced Planning screen
- Create additional events when certain order details are changed/updated
- Restrict visibility of vehicles on the map in Advanced Planning based on ‘Depot’ dropdown selection
- Added an option to see ‘Services’ on tooltip popups on the Advanced Planning screen
- Added option to show the Driver’s Name on the Order Summary (Proof Of Delivery) print export, which can be turned on or off on the ‘Documents & Reporting’ tab of the ‘Settings’ screen
- Added an option to show dates in a different format in on the Tracking screen, which can be altered on the ‘Tracking’ tab of the ‘Settings’ screen
- Increase images timeout on the mobile app
- Added a new setting for partner orders in the standard booking variant
- No additional security updates
- Change the ‘Run Items’ export to show dates and times column as blank when these fields are not filled in Stream
- Improve internal logging for FTP (Saturday 20th May Release)
- Order upload FTP processing improvements (Saturday 20th May Release)
- Resolve occasional issue with item split process (Saturday 20th May Release)
- Resolved an occasional issue with time-based columns on the ‘Run Items’ export
- Resolve an occasional issue with ‘Item Notes’ in the ‘item replace’ process
- Improve vehicle initial mileage retrieval in the analytics extract
- Resolve issue with defaulting email reminder on booking when editing shell booking in Vehicle Types
- Resolve occasional issue with Depot creation when specific setting enabled
- Resolve an occasional issue with the ‘Live Date’ calculation in Order Group PATCH service in the Public API
- Improve the validation of US & Canadian mobile phone numbers
- Improve validation for the ‘SMS From’ mobile number field on the ‘General’ tab of the ‘Settings’ screen
- Improve validation on Vehicle Types
- Resolve issues caused when trying to access the ‘Tracking’ screen for a deleted order
- Improve performance of the ‘Service Level’ retrieval process
- Resolve an issue with the resource option defaulting in the ‘Schedule’ popup window on the ‘Advanced Planning’ screen
- Resolve an issue with the ‘Show Postcodes’ checkbox after reopening ‘Schedule’ popup
Feature of the Month:
Delivery Tracking from Your Website
Did you know, Stream has a tracking widget that you can embed, which enables your customers to track their orders directly from your site?
Need help using Stream?
Visit the Stream Knowledge base and search for answers to the questions you have, and view our how-to guides, for additional help and support using Stream.